There is lots of great information out there. Here is a list of our recommendations:
Informative Websites to read and learn more:
- http://www.ciwf.org.uk – charity closest aligned to the beliefs of an Ethical omnivore
- http://farmsnotfactories.org – non-profit organisation working to end factory farming of animals. Focused on pig farming as one of us most intensively farmed meats.
- https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/farm – Lots of information and advice about terms and meanings relating to animal welfare issues
- https://nutritionfacts.org – a brilliant website explaining diet and health
- https://www.soilassociation.org – Leading organic standard in UK
- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Farmageddon-True-Cost-Cheap-Meat/dp/1408846446 – a must read book for people that really want to understand this subject
- https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Not-Die-Discover-scientifically/dp/1509852506 – A book by Dr. Michael Greger and leading expert in nutrition and health. A great intro to the benefits of a plant based diets and an easy diet guide.
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286537 – film Food inc looks at corporate control over the food industry in USA (where we will end up if we don’t take action)
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1814930 – film Vegucated. About veganism but a good all round view of the industry.
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3302820 – film Cowspiracy. Very telling account of farming practices and a global issue.
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1567233 – film Forks over knives. Advocating a whole food plant based diet, very informative documentary about food industry.
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7763662 – Netflix Series Rotten. Dives deep into the food production underworld to expose the corruption, waste and real dangers behind your everyday eating habits